I may not blog as often, but I always make sure to have a blog up at the time of my birthday, whether a reflection, a recap, or just something to remember. No excuses!
- My birthday weekend was jampacked to say the least because I was in Manila for one of my best friend’s wedding on Saturday the 20th, and my birthday was on the 21st. That meant friends from Jakarta flew home to Manila. Double happies.
- I didn’t really have anything planned in terms of a celebration and just went with the waves. I had so much fun because I didn’t expect anything. I always have to remember that.
- My birthday was a celebration in itself because a good friend whom I met through twitter years ago got me tickets to ABS-CBN’s noontime show ASAP but even grander as it was Star Magic’s 25th Anniversary! Needless to say, I saw most of the local celebrities. Giddy and totally fangirl-ed!
- The weekend felt long and that was a great feeling because it meant I could treasure time with friends but at the same time when it was over it felt too short. Nevertheless whatever time we can get when we’re complete is a blessing in itself.
- Do I feel any different turning a year older? Definitely not. Whoever said that age is just a number needs to get a Pulitzer Award for phrases, if there was any.
- It’s my last year as a 20-something! I don’t feel any different. Maybe 30 finally will? We’ll have to see next year.
There it is, short and sweet. What will my 29th year bring in store for me? Will things be different next year or more or less the same? This year started on a good note with a new and a much more disciplined job which meant a bigger professional responsibility. I promise to learn and to always try my best to be happy, regardless of how old I am.
I finally, finally, finally finished Terrace House: Boys & Girls in the City. I say finally because I didn’t choose the most favorable time to binge-watch it, with all the travel and wedding (and birthday, probs), and work-related things I had to attend to. But I just. Could not. Stop. I spent a good amount of weekend time for it and the minute I got home from work, it would be the first thing I do. This resulted to finishing all 46 episodes in a span of 10 days. That may not seem like binge-watching but I HAD SO MUCH TO DO AND WORK IN BETWEEN ALDFJA;SDLJFA;F. ANYWAY!
(Fair warning: this post may contain spoilers for those who have not watched and are planning to.)
A little side note: I started with Aloha State when it first came out because it more “real-time” and shorter. This made me develop a softer spot for the Aloha State cast. I feel like if I watched B&GITC first, Aloha State cast wouldn’t matter as much to me.
Inspired by this entry, I decided to make one of my own. My background based on this ranking is purely based on personal preference and entertainment value from being on the show and possibly who I see myself being friends or close with. Of course, I will provide a little insight into my choices but that’s pretty much it. Feel free to disagree.
All sorts of things, listed below:
1. HAPPY – because I just got my period (FINALLY) today but I am also suffering from major cramps.
2. RELIEVED – because of said reason above, suffering from PCOS makes you feel these things. A period is like a major win in life.
3. CRAZY – all these hormonal emotions are getting the worst of me. I want to snap at people, my PMS was about 2 weeks long and it’s been a whirlwind of emotions.
4. ANNOYED – my ISP has been really shitty lately and if only I had the power to burn down their building I would.
5. EXCITED – because in about a month one of my bestest friends is getting married and it’s on my birthday weekend and I’m a bridesmaid and there’s so much to plan and gaaaaahhhhhhh the emotions!
So there’s that.
I finished Part 2 of Terrace House Aloha State in a span of 2 days and now I’m catching up on Erik Conover’s vlogs. I haven’t been good with YouTube lately and I’ve sort of abandoned religiously watching vlogs but I am always catching up with his.
…to my sister screaming, “Everything’s so boring!!!” in the background.
I have the willpower to update this blog more often. I also want to be able to catch up on my journaling–or bullet journal however you want to call it. I think I have a backlog of 2 weeks now.
About New York City and how I miss it all of a sudden. It must be great during springtime; not too cold (the time when I was there) and not too hot (that it becomes a pain to walk everywhere in the heat and crowds).
To have a good few days off this week. It’s the Holy Week meaning I get to go home to the province, chill and just take everything slow and enjoy my long break. After 3 months of hard work in the new job and just getting the hang of things, I’m glad I have a few days off to recharge and power through work again.
A bit of regret over eating that bowl of rice for dinner. Mom cooked shrimp and it was too good. A bit tired too because I was semi-working all weekend. I am also very very sleepy and will probably doze off as soon as this entry is published.
No book atm because I’m so bad at reading books nowadays. I promise I’m going to catch up!
Descendants of the Sun and it’s seriously stressing me out. I think gone are the days when I could stomach deep Song Joong Ki (e.g. The Innocent Man/Nice Guy) dramas. It’s seriously stressing me out even though I’m just on episode 5. I might consider switching to a lighter one and people have been recommending Weightlifting Fairy.
The same black dress I wore this morning to work. Yes, I worked this weekend!
For this week to be a strong, productive, kick-ass week in terms of work. And that I don’t spend anymore.
That I can easily fall asleep at night now because my job is pretty mentally demanding on most days. Save for my recent PMS, I have not had a bout of insomniac tendencies.
About how I miss Mark. I think about him every day and everything still hasn’t fully sunk in. When will it?