21. What was your most common mental state this year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)?
Anxious but resilient.
22. Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life this year?
I didn’t go out of the country for a span of 12 months. I even thought 2014 would be the first year in about 20 something years that I wouldn’t get to travel. Somehow, I was fine with it.
23. What was your favourite moment spent with your friends?
MY BIRTHDAY WEEK! Beach, mountains, beach again, island hopping, my birthday dinner, parties. I was probably the most blessed in this category.
24. What major goal did you lay the foundations for?
Financial discipline. I’m past 25, I need to start taking my finances seriously.
25. Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary?
Worries about how I will get through the day/week/month/year.
26. What experience would you love to do all over again?
MY BIRTHDAY WEEK WITH JAKARTA FRIENDS. Sand, sun, beach, fun, the water, food, friendship, love. And so much more.
27. What was the best gift you received?
My Jakarta friends all flying out to Cebu, my mom being cancer-free for the 6th year in a row, makeup and clothes and so many shoes. My weakness. My neon Roshes from my aunt.
28. How did your overall outlook on life evolve?
I don’t think it evolved drastically, but I learned just to appreciate what I have despite people telling me I could do better.
29. What was the biggest problem you solved?
I don’t think I solve a lot of “big problems”. This would have to relate to work or something of the sort. Otherwise, I was busy solving little problems in hopes of them not getting any bigger.
30. What was the funniest moment of your year, one that still makes it hard not to burst out laughing when you think about it?
Damn. This is hard. I laughed a lot this year.
31. What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever?
My iPhone 5s.
32. What one thing would you do differently and why?
I would have made the first move.
33. What do you deserve a pat on the back for?
For just getting through each day. I have a lot to be thankful for and there are days that is overlooked by my internal demons.
34. What activities made you lose track of time?
Partying! My Korean variety shows and reading.
35. What did you think about more than anything else?
“Will I ever find someone?” Not even gonna lie. “How am I gonna get home?” also tops this list.
36. What topics did you most enjoy learning about?
I enjoyed work a lot and how big companies work after being a part of one.
37. What new habits did you cultivate?
Nothing that particularly made a huge impact.
38. What advice would you give your early-2014 self if you could?
You should have laid out the cards even if it meant destroying you.
39. Did any parts of your self or your life do a complete 180 this year?
Fortunately and unfortunately, no. That was reserved for 2012 and 2013. 2014 was all about stability.
40. What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?
My sister. Even though we have our differences.