This week was pretty full in terms of life, and what a better way to end it than recalling all the happy things that took place!
1. La La Land. I watched it with my girlfriends on Wednesday and I absolutely fell in love with everything. Do I need to elaborate? I don’t think so.
2. Wednesday night dinner with the girls. The good side to adulting is when you get to catch up with friends after work and you’re all coming from different jobs, and just sit and chat and update each other with what’s been happening. It somehow felt like an episode of SATC or something too because there were 4 of us. Heh.
3. Coffee shop afternoons. When my sister has her midterms, I always drag her out to coffee shops after school so that she can sit and study instead of falling asleep at home. It also gave me a chance to fully live the “digital nomad” life for the last week since before starting my new job.
4. Bittersweet (last) week at work. This is a happy thing because I left on a good note, which I always try to maintain every time I leave a job to go start a new one. My colleagues even made me a special presentation with their notes and heartfelt personal messages! This is something I absolutely love and appreciate, when you know a person has taken the time to write to you. I cried and was thankful to have had such a great time at this company, that they allowed me to experience the digital nomad life for a good 2 years.
5. New dumb (but strong) phone. My friend got me a new Samsung Keystone 3 in white and I absolutely love it!!! I think I have quite a collection of dumb phones that I collect over the years then give away to anyone who wants it, namely my dad who’s also into them. Don’t think I’ll be giving away this one though. It was quite a challenge to find.
6. Catching up with cousins. A cousin from Melbourne and his 16 friends (YUP!) took a Cebu detour after attending a wedding in Bohol before heading to Palawan. I got to catch up with him and meet his friends last night after not seeing each other for about 2 years. It was a good time spent with relatives I don’t get to see often.
7. Seeing the love of my life. Not really. To cut a long story short, there’s this guy I’ve been “in love” with since 2005 and I don’t think he has any idea who I am. I see him around Cebu because we’re almost in the same circles and last Wednesday I saw him again. It was a good start to my year. I can’t believe I’ve had a crush on him for 12 years now. Crazy.
8. Late Christmas gifts. A special someone (not presently anymore) delivered a gift to me last Tuesday, a Burberry Brit Rhythm. The smell wasn’t really what I was used to but I’ve come to really love it and use it everyday. I got a new Lokai bracelet from my Tita in New York, and a girlfriend gave me a coin purse which has my name embossed on it. I love personalized gifts, it gives it so much more meaning.
9. A chill Friday night. After being out every night of the week this week, I am here in my cold room just writing this blog post and having the most relaxing night. While everyone is partying it up at Lifedance, I’m going to be just here under my duvet and watch my YouTube videos.
10. La La Land Soundtrack. This list started with the movie, and now ending with the music. It’s been on repeat since I finished watching the movie. Enjoy below.