Sunday nights usually mean a whole lot of beauty blog reading and YouTube-ing. This questionnaire was something I found from this blog so I decided to do it! I didn’t make it for this week’s The Sunday Currently because I napped at around 8pm and woke up past midnight (very hungry). I figured this is a pretty good entry considering I’m all about makeup nowadays.
1. Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge, or fingers?
I don’t use foundation much because it makes my face look extremely cakey, so I use BB Cream, which I apply using my hands 98% of the time. At times when I feel like it, I use a brush.
2. Do you apply your eyeshadow from light to dark? or dark to light?
Dark to light.
3. Do you prime your eyes?
Yes, because I have really oily eyelids but my eyebrow area gets really dry, so I have to even it out. I use a Sephora face primer around the eye and T-zone area. I’m looking into getting one of those Urban Decay eye primers or a Too Faced one.
4. Concealer first, or after foundation?
Concealer comes after BB Cream application. But I may change that.. this question is making me think about the order of my product application.
5. Go for manicures, or manicure yourself?
I usually get manicures from salons about once or twice a month, but when I’m bored of the color I just change it myself.
6. Exfoliate lips, face or both?
Neither. I rarely exfoliate my face, because it gets irritated very easily.
7. On average, how long does it take you to do your makeup?
For daily routines, it varies from 10-20 minutes. If I know I have more time then I don’t rush.
8. Do you wear makeup everyday and everywhere?
Yes. Even if it’s just one product on my face, it’s something I still use every day.
9. What release are you most excited about? (Makeup)
Rihanna’s MAC❤RiRi Fall collection. Shiseido Eye Color Bar for Fall 2013. Benefit Little Love Potions Box.
10. What’s your weakness? Shoes, purses, clothes, jewelry, eyeshadow, lipstick or other?
All of the above, except maybe clothes and jewelry? I’m more into comfort than style, but I still try my best to incorporate style into my look (with the help of shoes and purses)! Right now I’m really into makeup. Hence this entry!
11. Do you whiten your teeth?
Not proactively, but I do use a whitening tooth paste.
12. Wax eyebrows, or pluck?
I pluck, shave, cut. Depending on my mood (and tolerance for pain).
13. What do you use to contour?
I don’t contour much because I feel like my face is too tan for countouring. Plus I haven’t actually mastered the art of contouring (it’s really difficult, okay?) so I don’t want to risk my look!
14. False lashes, or natural?
Natural. Lashes are probably my laziest suit.
15. Favorite makeup brand?
This is tricky. It depends on the need! For face and lips I’ve got to say MAC. I also really like Shu Uemura, but apparently they’re not really cruelty-free anymore. I also like Nature Republic from Korea, it’s the brand that had me spending the most time in their store when I was in Seoul last march.
16. Liquid eyeliner, pencil or gel?
I actually really like gel eyeliner. The application is something I am most comfortable with.
17. Lipstick, lipgloss or chapstick?
18. Pigments, pressed or cream eyeshadow?
Pressed pigmented eyeshadow.
19. If you had to wear only one thing, excluding foundation; what would it be?
Eyebrow powder. Can’t go out of the house without filling in my eyebrows.
20. Favorite color?
Anything pastel or muted.
21. Favorite color combination?
Nudes and pinks.
22. Natural? or Dramatic? (Eye Makeup)
23. Do you care more for quality or name brand?
Definitely quality. This is because I am vouching for my cheap Wet n Wild eyeshadow that I love so much.
24. Do you enjoy using face masks? If so which ones?
Yes, anything Korean. They are the Gods of face masks. I hoarded when I was in Seoul! Especially when it has “collagen” on it.
25. What is your current addiction? (example: lipsticks, eyeshadows, earrings..)
Right now it’s brushes, eyeshadows and lipsticks. I feel like I’m already set with my base products and I am very hesitant to try new ones, so eye and lip products are something I can still play around with and experiment!