- Manila business trip. From Monday to Wednesday I was in Manila to meet with my colleagues and bosses! It was such a great experience. I will start to work remote full-time soon but I love that my new job allows me to travel to either Singapore or Manila once in a while to be in an office with my colleages and the last few days were just that. The Singapore team also flew down to Manila so it was definitely a reunion of sorts.
- Staying and working in BGC. I have always avoided going to Manila my whole life (sorry, guys) because I know how hectic it can get. I lived in Jakarta long enough to know what crazy city life is like. I love how BGC is like an insight to how Manila could have been. As superficial as I can get, for me, Manila = BGC.
- Crazy Rich Asians delivery. Being a Fullybooked member they called me and asked if I wanted a signed copy of Kevin Kwan’s book while he did his signing in Manila and they would ship it to me in Cebu. Of course I said yes! I’ve been wanting to read his books for a while now and this was finally a good opportunity for me to buy the book and have it signed by the author himself.
What greeted me in ze mail. ? pic.twitter.com/kacssMk0Vs
— Justine (@juiceee) August 26, 2015
- New friends. Entering a new job also means new acquaintances that turn into friends. So glad we had quite a few similar interests that made our “getting to know each other” phase totally natural.
- Pharrell x Todd James Supershell. I bought this when I was in Manila and couldn’t be happier! I didn’t manage to get the Supercolors last April in Singapore because no stores had my size (boo-hoo) but I’m glad Manila had them. Haaaaappy. Been wanting to cop these for ages now. It still surprises me sometimes that I still have the yearning for “kicks” even at this age.
- The Six Pack reunion. My Manila trip once again had me reunited with 2 of my best girlfriends from The Six Pack. Nothing beats a night (or two!) with your original homegirls.
- New lippies! I know, I have splurged in more lipsticks than I what I actually need the past few weeks. Namely: MAC Del Rio, MAC Captive, NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Bansar, Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita, Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Berlin. I should probably stop and not buy any new lipstick until next year or something (who am I kidding?).
- Wildflour. I ate there twice, once for dinner and the next for breakfast because I heard they had different menus. Aaaahh so good. I think I liked their breakfast menu best because my boss ordered so much food and I got to try most of them. YUMMEH.
- Well wishes and genuine compliments. Because of what I went through the past month or two, especially due to my health and being in and out of the hospital, I received a lot of well wishes from friends and compliments that I didn’t look like I went through hell (hah!) and bounced back looking pretty good.
- High Society. This is a bit late because I finished this K-drama last week but I still can’t get over it until now. I usually watch a few K-dramas a year (it used to be 3-4 when I had all the time but now I probably can only do one a year, two at most). Anyway, I was so engrossed with High Society that I finished it within 36 hours. It had pretty much all the things I liked in a drama: beautiful leads, rich families, unrequited love, smart banters, strong female characters and overall an enjoyable story that made me stick to it.
Published on August 28, 2015
I’m getting really interested with Crazy Rich Asians!
OMG. High Society is the bomb. I mean, it was heavy in some sort but not ridiculously heavy. It has all the element I love too. I have so many dramas that I started but stopped watching halfway because of too much cliches and ridiculous plots and scenes. But what I loved the most was, Chang Soo and Ji Yi. Sorry for the main characters but these too are so adorable! They even had a lot of fan made videos when I searched for them in youtube. I just can’t! Hahaha.
You described it well! Heavy but not ridiculously heavy like some K-dramas I come across.
No amnesia thing, accidents and people who look alike. Hahahaha.
I think it’s the second time that I came across that book today haha was it good? 🙂
I’m now curious about that book. I’ve seen it a couple of times both on FB and Instagram 🙂
I’m never the lippie fanatic but Kat Von D lipstick line is making me one 😀
– Tricia Willa | Eccentric Earthling