March had been such a good month to me, and even though I started April on a not so healthy note, I know it’s going to be better. The streak of great weekends hasn’t stopped yet and I hope it never does. I don’t even want to rest anymore! Things are definitely looking up, so here are the things I’m most looking forward to:
- Cebu trip. I’m going home in about 10 days, and I can’t be more excited. The last time I was home was Christmas of 2009. I’m excited to see friends, cousins (miss them so much), ENDLESS BEACH TRIPS, roadtrips, parties and just chilling out with people I haven’t seen in a while.
- White rice & Coca Cola. Those 2 things were what I gave up during Lent. It’s very close to Easter and I can’t wait to finally get to sip a cold Coke in the sun filled with ice. I’ve sort of gotten used to not eating rice anymore, so that’s just less than moderate excitement for me, but still. It’s gonna be good.
- Filipino food. I’ve already prepared my gut for this. I know I’m going to probably gain 20 more kilograms when I reach home but fuck that if I don’t get to eat my favorites.
- Friends friends friends! Two of my best friends are coming back to Jakarta this week and I’m so glad before I go home I get to meet them first.
- THE BEACH. I can’t even begin to emphasize how much I’m looking forward to the beach(es). I’m probably going to spend 80% of my vacation in them.
- This weekend. My cousin is holding an amateur photo exhibit to benefit his orphanage of choice and at 16 years old, I’m so proud of him. He takes great photos and I can’t wait for them to be shown to the world. I’m also going to see friends (previously mentioned) so it’s gonna be a good one.
- Kindle. I asked my cousin to get me a Kindle in the States and we’re gonna see each other soon, definitely looking forward to that.
- MANGO SHAKE. Mango shake is all I ever drink when I go back to Cebu. Nothing beats Philippine mangoes.
Before I list down a credit card bill’s worth of what I’m excited for I probably won’t stop. It’s probably too spazzy (even for my me–especially when I read it later on) so I will stop right here. Here’s to an awesome April!