Happy 10th to this blog series! I’ve really gone to love this blog series as it allows me to look back on positive stuff that has happened during my week. It’s therapeutic in a sense!
- Bumping into the Pastillas boys. Last Saturday night, we (my mom & sister) had dinner at Mizu, the Japanese restaurant over at Waterfront Hotel. We didn’t really want to head home after dinner so we decided to just chill at the lobby cafe; get dessert, have tea and just lounge. This is something we’ve always loved to do as a family even when we were back in Jakarta, so it was a nice night. There was an event in one of the ballrooms and apparently the boys who joined that Pastillas segment in Showtime were a few of the guests. If something is to be known about me, it’s that I followed that twitterserye and ate it up like a true Filipino fangirl. My mom took photos of me together with the chosen one, Richard, and the Australian guy, Michael. I told them to act like we were close and be all sweet with me, and this was the finished product. Thanks, mom!
- #Matts24thSunriseParty. One of my best friends decided to celebrate his birthday differently by having a party at dawn and towards sunrise. I hardly slept the night before but it was a good kind of change to have a party start at 5am and end before 10am. Definitely one of a kind and all worth it because we really did see the sunrise (photo above)!
- APEC Week. This affected me in quite the most positive way. Cebu has had its share of APEC a month or two ago but since our Manila office is located in BGC, our HQ decided that everyone should work from home or remote for the whole week so as to not deal with traffic and road closure madness in Manila. Being the only remote employee in the company, this was a great change to see everyone in their own homes or in other locations aside from the office, just like me.
- Work projects. Work was pretty inspiring this week. In between handing new clients, dealing with crazy ones, and having loads of work to do, it really makes a difference when you love what you do and see the fruits of your labor. There may be some bumps along the way, but it’s a good learning curve and with the kind of job that I’m in.. it’s pretty rewarding.
- Justin Bieber. Ahh, the gift that keeps on giving. His promos for Purpose have been giving me the greatest dose of fangirl that I needed this whole month. Guestings in talk shows, Bieber Week on Ellen, live performances, JB Carpool Karaoke part 2 with James Corden.. and the list goes on!
- Mockingjay pt. 2 promos. I’m kind of over the whole Hunger Games phase and don’t even really have the desire to watch the movie in the cinema. I’ll probably just watch it in the plane next month or something. I will, however, NEVER tire of watching the interviews, TV guestings, and crazy antics that Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, and Josh Hutcherson go through for the movie promotions. Whether individual or together, I love watching these three. I think it was on Monday that I woke up earlier than usual so I decided to go through a buttload of promo videos and interviews of the trio. Made my day!
- Slumber Party! I had a great full day with two girls I adore—Ham & Riz—and we spent it with our usual cafe chill, then had super yummy dinner, and then a long-ass karaoke session (4 hours is no joke!) that didn’t have a single dull moment, empty spot or rest. We just kept singing like no tomorrow. They spent the night at my house and it was just a great time altogether.
- Sunday night massage. I always treasure these bi-monthly massages because my back always kills me by the end of the week. I realize I don’t really mention this in my happy things but it keeps me going. I love massages.
- Glossier’s Boy Brow. I am a fan of Benefit’s Gimme Brow and planned to repurchase it because mine ran out, but when ITG / Glossier came out with Boy Brow last month, I decided I wanted to try it instead. Watched one of the reviews and with a certain promo code you get a free Balm Dot Com, so I took that opportunity and ordered one for myself! I won’t be getting it until I arrive New York next month because I had it shipped there but the promo ends on November 30 so I made sure to order it before then. So excited!
- A quick week, overall. I don’t know what happened, maybe I was just enjoying this week too much that just like that, the clock struck 12 to Saturday now. I’m always thankful for a good week. Next up, Hong Kong!
Seems like this is all I ever do because the week is so filled I usually only have time to blog on the weekends, so there’s FTHT and TSC posts. Heh.
- New music week! What a great week for pop music. Adele’s Hello, 1D’s Perfect, Justin Bieber’s Sorry, then DNCE’s EP dropping, and Drake’s Hotline Bling music video making waves all over the interwebs. Makes me proud to live in this era, tbh.
- This week’s You’re the Worst – Season 2 Episode 7: There Is Not Currently a Problem. This episode really moved me in more ways than one. It was such a strong one, I ended up crying more than I would have wanted. I put it in the happy list because I was so moved at how they portrayed someone suffering from clinical depression. Even while reading the LA Times article about the episode, it made me want to cry even more.
- A stressful work week. Lots of “phwoar!” things happened at work this week so this wasn’t initially a happy thing for me but after a lot of introspection I realized that an absence of a stressful work week would mean that I would have to be alone with my thoughts for a much longer time (aka not good) with less productivity levels. That’s not a good thing for me at all. As much as I love the lazy life when my brain isn’t working (like literally working on work mode) I become somewhat crazy. I have a job that I love that I can do anywhere (remote ftw) that gives me good, challenging stress and money! What’s not happy about that?
- Tuesday yoga. I took my sister with me to Tuesday’s yoga class and it was kind of a struggle for her that she said, “Why would you pay for something that gives you torture?” I embrace yoga’s torture, wholeheartedly. It’s probably the only torture I don’t mind and completely accept because the return of investment is so quick and fulfilling. I feel much better, I sleep better, I eat better. I know I’ve probably said this countless times but yoga really is life changing for me.
- A bit of time to catch up with 2PM‘s activities. I hate Japan for taking them away but I had a few hours to spare this week (also to alleviate stress) so I used that time to catch up with what 2PM’s been up to. I miss being a full-time fangirl!
- Fulfilling my cravings. I think I’m about to get my period (I HOPE SO) because I’ve been craving all kinds of salty food lately. Probably not good for my health and diet, but I ate all the salty things this week. And it made me happy.
- Rock Salt & Cheese milk tea topping. Another one of them cravings that I fulfilled!
- Gerald Anderson guesting on this week’s PBB. Shock! Me talking about local showbiz? I was such a huge fan of his season almost a decade ago when I was still in early college and seeing him back in the house brought back all these happy feelings out of nowhere I just had to point it out here.
- Revlon’s Brow Fantasy in Dark Blonde. I colored my hair lighter last week so I had to look for a lighter brow product that wasn’t in my usual range of price or brand. Truthfully I was almost going to buy the Stila All Day Brow Gel but my good friend said, “No Rustan’s for you. We will go to Watsons!!” and I was grateful for that. This also made me break out of my comfort zones with brow bowders and brow gels because the Revlon Brow Fantasy is a pencil product! I’m still getting the hang of it but it’s been a good learning experience so far and I am finally mastering the art of the brow pencil. I use this product for my overall brow, then my current Tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse for my brow tail so I give it more emphasis. Yep, in case you didn’t know, I take my brows seriously. That’s what happens when you have nonexistent brows.
- Dancing the night away. Because of everything that’s been happening the past few months I haven’t had the time or energy or the will to go out partying at all. The whole revelry life has really worn me out but last weekend I was inside the club again and danced to my heart’s content. Without alcohol. I didn’t think I’d be able to do the whole no alcohol thing, but I did and a million fuck yeahs for that.
It’s only almost been a month since my last F10HT entry and boy, so much has happened since then. Back at the hospital for a crazy 5 days, lots of anxiety all around, leaving my old job, finally going full-time at my current job but let’s elaborate that on this entry, shall we?
- We finally got our US visas and will travel to New York this Christmas! I’m looking forward to it, but not looking forward to the cold. Brrrr. I wish I had the energy to blog about the whole ordeal but I’ll leave the good news here and the stress I’ve had to deal with the past couple of months in the back-burner.
- New (old) job, new life! After 3 years and 8 months, I finally left my longest office job for good and took on a part-time remote work since January and turned it into a full-time gig. I’m still at a very anxious stage where everything feels so transitional. I’m just about trying to get used to not going to an office every day. After working in an office/workplace setting for a good 5 years, everything feels strange to me and I’m still trying to figure it all out, but I will prevail.
- My makeup wishlist being out-of-stock. Yes, this is a happy thing. A very happy thing. Last weekend I went to the mall and wanted to buy something from Stila that I’ve been eyeing for a while, and a couple of lipsticks from the NARS and MAC counter; and everything, I mean EVERYTHING that I wanted was out of stock. I saw that as a sign to totally halt any purchase plans because I need to save. For the new iPhone, for my upcoming trips, and in case my 4-year-old MacBook goes bust. God forbid. No more makeup! For now. I wish money grew on plants, then I’d water it every damn hour.
- Speaking of money, this totally made my day, thus deserves a spot on this list:
- The return of fall TV. Shows are coming back! Starting with You’re the Worst and Mindy (now on Hulu), I am glad I have shows to look forward to each week again.
- On the Wings of Love. Working from home and having normal working hours now allows me to catch up with primetime Filipino tv shows. As much as I am a third-world kid, I have always been exposed to Philippine entertainment and there’s a different joy in feeling kilig over a local soap that’s pretty well made, in my opinion.
- iOS 9’s San Francisco font. I love, love, love it! It always makes me want to look at my phone and randomly send messages to people.
- Blog redesign. Funny how I haven’t been posting lately but have had time to do a bit of a redesign. Tinkering with themes is always a therapeutic activity for me. It’s reminiscent of an old theme but still within my style of always having a lot of whitespace. Nothing that new, just a slight change.
- DNCE’s Cake by the Ocean. Aside from it’s super unique song title, it’s a jam I’ve been totally jamming to ever since it came out. I admit I am supporting it more because it’s a Joe Jonas venture, but in all fairness to my fangirling it really is a very catchy song. I hope it does well.
- Last, but certainly not the least.. a great staycation with my best friends. We stayed at The Henry Hotel last night and I actually just arrived home from a two day pool binge because after our stay at The Henry we went to Westown to do more swimming, but I digress. Henry was such a great time. It was a much needed rest, relax, and away from the perils of the real world for a good 24 hours, and with the people I am most comfortable with. The best part was, we got upgraded to the best and largest room. Cheers to better days?
You I’m Thinking Of by Relish.
This song has always been part of my happy list but there are moments that I completely forget about it then suddenly, it starts playing in my head again. Reminds me so much of car rides going to school back in Jakarta when my favorite radio station would play this almost daily. This track definitely plays a pivotal role in my Jakarta life. I don’t even know any other songs from this band but the moment I hear this it automatically gives me good vibes.
I’m sort of an open book. Pretty much 90% of the time, what you see is what you get with me. The other 10%, is all sorts of jumbled up facts that I probably don’t remember and/or don’t want to share. I’m trying to pick on the insides of that 10% right now and trying to figure out what to share in this blog.
Hm. Not many know that I wanted to be a drummer so much that I took up drum lessons at one time, sometime when I was about 14? I remember being obsessed with Coldplay’s In My Place that I begged my mom to enroll me in music school. She had one condition though, that I’d also take voice lessons together with drums. I reluctantly (though happily) obliged.
I didn’t get very far, sadly (with drums!). I realized I had very minimal talent with it and that I also did not have a drum set that I could practice with at home, so that pursuit didn’t progress further than an amateur recital that I happily participated in. I guess my parents knew my interests were and still are very short-lived that I’d probably get frustrated at the instrument and call it quits after a few months, which was what exactly happened.
I did, however, tried my best to learn Coldplay’s In My Place but I don’t know if I can still play it up to know. God knows how long I’ve touched a drum set, let alone attempt to play one. It’s still a dream to be able to play drums well, but I’ve accepted the fact that it really isn’t for me.