I was a bit surprised to find out that my last 10HT entry was 3 months ago. I’ve been having some sort of a mental struggle lately and doing this series always reminds me to be grateful of what I have, despite the all the shitty things I’m feeling.
1. Meeting Erwan Heussaff. His film crew together with Wil & Haley Dasovich (who I also met) were in Cebu yesterday to do a Cebu leg for his Overnight Travel Guide series. I had dinner at the hotel they were staying at and glad I got to catch Erwan and had a little chat with him. I’ve been following him since he did his cooking videos on Vimeo that were so raw and authentic. Absolutely proud of his success and I’m glad he was such an easy person to have a conversation with.
2. My new Kindle cover. I ordered a baby pink magnetic cover for my Kindle Paperwhite off eBay about a month ago and didn’t expect for it to arrive at all, considering the perils of Philippine customs. It was $6 (so cheap huhu) I was willing to risk so I was definitely surprised it arrived yesterday and straight to my house despite it being a standard post. Are things finally changing?
3. Sunday night birthday parties. One of my dear friends celebrated her birthday and although I was reluctant to go because of Monday work, I suggested to her that it would be good if we started early. She agreed and it didn’t stop us from having the best fun we could ever have. It was a good night.
4. A full & balanced weekend. September was a month of alcohol cleanse, rest, and bringing my health back to optimum levels. Last Friday I went hard after a while, but still keeping my sanity. On Saturday my friends and I went to visit Simala Church in the South of Cebu and I took that opportunity to just be thankful and practice gratefulness.
5. Payday Monday. I mean, that’s enough to put on this list, right? Say no more.