In the spirit of keeping this blog alive with content and a lot of blog series, I took a page out of Lauren Conrad’s lifestyle blog and answered the questions in that Tuesday Ten entry!
How many kids do you want to have?
Preferably I want to have more than 1 but not more than 4. I hope to be able to keep a balance in my family life in the future.
What is your go-to cocktail?
This is a choice between (in order) a mojito, an Amaretto sour or a margarita. Bonus points if they’re bottomless!
What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Guess the time, then check my phone if I’m right. Usually I’m about 90% right and I almost always wake up before my alarm.
How many photos do you have on your phone’s camera roll right now?
Let me check.. 3,863 Photos, 315 Videos.
What is your favorite thing about being
married single? What is the hardest part?
I get to make my own decisions, do the things I want, not care about what the other person thinks or if they have an opinion about what I want to accomplish. I’m so used to being single. The hardest part is probably no instant cuddles, having a person who cares and wanting to care for another person in a more-than-friends kind of way. D’awwww.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
Liars, inconsistent decisions, and last minute flakey people.
Favorite online shopping site?
Gosh this is difficult! I shop online a lot. I’d say ASOS because shipping is free but I haven’t shopped there in a while. Zalora PH has good clothes too. Althea PH for Korean beauty.
Continue reading “Random Questions Vol. 2”
Welcome to the first edition of Friday’s 10 Happy Things for 2016! If you didn’t know about this project yet, it’s a blog series Helga came up with last year and it’s a great exercise to remember the positive things that happened within the week.
1. Parents’ 28th anniversary. Last weekend we celebrated my parents’ wedding anniversary by doing a little family staycation in Mövenpick Cebu. As always, a good dose of sun, sand, and sea is always something I love and look forward to and it’s impossible for me to not have a great time.
2. On the Wings of Love final week. I just realized this is the second time I’ve mentioned this in my blog series! It’s the last week before the show wraps up and although I don’t religiously watch it, I have been staying tuned every day for the past 2 weeks. I’m a fan of this loveteam so it deserves a place in this list!
3. Midweek beach break. Wednesday and Thursday were holidays in Cebu (though not for me, because we follow Singaporean holidays at work) my parents took me and my sister with them for that much needed province trip since we haven’t been “home” since last year. It was a good break from the work-from-home routine for me as I got to work at the beach for a few hours. Isn’t it amazing what internet can do?
Continue reading “Friday’s 10 Happy Things, v11”
For Part I, click here.
21. What was your most common mental state last year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)?
In between excited and anxious. It was a constant battle.
22. Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life last year?
2016 was a year of many firsts. First time being hospitalized multiple times, first time opening my heart to someone wholeheartedly, first time traveling to the States, first time seeing snow, first time working from home, and so many more I can’t recall further.
23. What was your favourite moment spent with your friends?
Many many many moments worth the cherish. The core‘s impromptu Singapore trip that was totally unplanned and jampacked, Camiguin trip with office girls, my impromptu weekend trip to Manila that led to a series of fun events, moments when my best friend stayed with me for almost 2 months (beach trips, constant hangs), another year of an extended birthday celebration that lasted for a good 5 days, impromptu South of Cebu roadtrip with friends and chasing literal waterfalls.. Too many moments embedded in my head.
24. What major goal did you lay the foundations for?
Mostly goals related to career. I may not know what I absolutely want but I feel like I’m at least getting there.
25. Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary?
This will be the same as last year’s: worries about how I will get through the day/week/month/year.
Continue reading “2015 Year In Review, Part II”
This is a tricky one because it needs a deeper context more than anything else. But for the sake of creating a context for this entry, I would probably say I’m excited to meet that someone in my future. He may or may not exist.. but this year I have told myself that I am ready to be in a relationship. Like a real one.
Despite a few bumps along the way and lots of learning curves, I realized that all the shit that happened didn’t make me want to close myself (as how I usually would) and I’m actually looking forward to meeting that person who will be worth it, forever or not, or whatever. I’m normally not this cheesy on my blog but the entry called for it. Nothing to lose, right?
This changes a lot. But currently:
“Does he love me? Does he love anyone more than me? Does he love me more than I love him? Perhaps all the questions we ask of love, to measure, test, probe, and save it, have the additional effect of cutting it short. Perhaps the reason we are unable to love is that we yearn to be loved, that is, we demand something (love) from our partner instead of delivering ourselves up to him demand-free and asking for nothing but his company.”
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera